The use of geomembranes in the context of the creation of artificial reservoirs
One of the most popular services in the specialized market for the construction and improvement of suburban real estate is the creation of artificial reservoirs. The speech is about small ponds, picturesque swamps, acting as the main decoration of the landscape design of the cottage, its "visiting card". The process of obtaining artificial reservoirs is inextricably linked with the use of synthetics of a new generation, including geomembranes. What do you need to know about them? This term refers to roll sheets of polymer structure (thickness - from 1 to 1.4 mm), produced mainly from polyethylene. The width of the rolls exceeds 7 meters, the main characteristic of synthetics is its water resistance.
On the modern market, there is a geosynthetics used to equip reservoirs of two kinds. In the first case, we are talking about a product obtained from high density polyethylene, in the second case, low density. The insulating material is available in rolls with a smooth and textured surface. Among its distinctive parameters are:
- high waterproofing ability;
- anticorrosive properties;
- high resistance to most of the existing reagents (product pH - from 0.5 to 14);
- decent flexibility;
- resistance to cracking and other types of damage (with the effect of maximum load, the relative elongation of sheets exceeds 850 percent);
- tensile strength of sheets - up to 26.2 MPa.
- resistance to temperature fluctuations and UV radiation;
- seismic resistance;
- the possibility of using geomembranes in all existing climatic zones;
- an impressive operational resource (in the case of correctly conducted installation, the standard term for the use of synthetics exceeds 90 years).
- economy (in the case of using a new generation product, the costs of creating and equipping the reservoir can be reduced by an entire order);
- universality (geosynthetics are used when erecting not only ponds, but also ground barriers, during the engineering preparation of objects for various purposes, when creating landfills for the storage of solid waste);
- technological adaptability of synthetics (modern geomembranes are distinguished by excellent weldability);
- environmental friendliness (products are classified as environmentally friendly materials).