Needle-punched nonwoven fabric. Geotextiles.
Needle-punched nonwoven fabric (geotextile) is made from endless polyester or polypropylene filaments on a special machine, the main part of which is a special serrated needle. Passing through the bundle of threads, needle bonds and forms a smooth polymer nonwoven fabric of desired thickness.
Production geotextiles paintings in our country first appeared in the last quarter of the 20th century. The basis was taken by French technology, and the material is called Dornit. Many years Dornit was the only domestic brand of geotextile and over time, this "brand" has become a household name - synonymous with geotechnical textiles in General. Now the situation has changed radically. Domestic manufacturers coming out with dozens of varieties of needle-punched fabric with different characteristics. The material has unique physical, mechanical, chemical and biological characteristics that makes its use popular in many spheres of human activity.
Properties of needle-punched nonwoven fabric:
- Freely pass water, in parallel, eliminating others, even the smallest fraction.
- Has a high elasticity in any point of application of force, under tension, is able to significantly lengthen without losing the beneficial qualities.
- Not susceptible to vibration.
- Geotextiles resistant to aggressive chemicals – acids and alkalis.
- Due to special additives are not susceptible to UV radiation.
- Not is affected by biological factors – not rotten, not moldy, not affected by fungi, not interested rodents and insects resistant to plant roots.
- Needle-aggressive a cloth environmentally friendly, completely non-toxic.
- Has extremely long life, never needs maintenance and repair.
- Operated in a very large temperature range from strongly negative to very high positive temperature.
- After the end of service life is able to undergo the procedure of regeneration.
Thanks to these unique qualities, needle-punched geotextile fabric with successfully used in many sectors of the economy:
- In civil, technical and road construction, including aviation (building runways) and rail (roadbed construction).
- Geotextiles for the device of drainage systems.
- The water engineering in the construction of bridges, dams, breakwaters.
- With the aim of strengthening the banks of natural and artificial reservoirs, reinforcement of slopes and escarpments.
- Agriculture is in demand as a covering mulch material,
- Serve in the light industry for the manufacture of upholstered furniture, filters, clothing and shoes.
- Non-woven fabric as the basis for the production of linoleum and carpet.
- Material for landscaping.
- As insulation material (fiberglass needle punched cloth).
Canvas needle, geotextiles quality for road construction is recognized as needle-punched geotextile made of 100% polypropylene monofilament. The second extent of raw material for the production of the fabric is polyester. A polyester fabric little inferior to polypropylene, and some specific indicators is even higher
To enhance the individual properties, mainly strength characteristics, needle-aggressive a cloth subjected to further processing using high temperatures, resulting in thermoskanne needle-punched fabric. Such material is especially in demand in certain areas of management.
A significant advantage of needle-punched geotextile fabric - easy transportation and installation. Geopolotno is available in rolls of various lengths and widths that is easy to transport and in railway cars and in the back of open vehicles. Warehousing dornita and other geotextile also do not require any special conditions, as needle punched fabric, though permeable, but completely it does not absorb, i.e., when wet does not increase in mass. Laying of geotextile is carried out without the use of any special equipment or tool. If you take into account the low cost of the finished products, a large selection of materials with different characteristics, it becomes clear why needle-aggressive a cloth is in great demand and popular.