Double-torsion net for gabions
Double twisting gabion net
The double torsion grid for gabions GOST R 51285-99 is a metal grid with hexagonal cells. As a raw material for production, galvanized steel wire is used, which forms a product by double torsion.
For gabions, the operation of which will take place in water, in aggressive environments, a grid with HDPE coating (low-pressure polymer) is used. To strengthen the edge of the gabion construction, a wire with a larger diameter is used than the diameter of the material for the main weaving. Advantages include the possibility of carrying out construction works at any time of the year at any temperature.
Of all the properties of double torsion grids, the flexibility of the material is of particular importance. Due to the flexible structure, it is easily rolled up into rolls, which provides convenience in transportation and storage. But this does not affect the strength of the grid. For all its flexibility, the material has high strength characteristics, which allows it to withstand high loads. And when used together with a stone, the operating properties only increase. The stability of the grid to the negative effects of the environment prolongs its operational time. Thus, the material does not form corrosion, due to the galvanized wire serving as raw material. When you use the material with the obligatory implementation of the recommendations of specialists, the grid will serve for decades without losing its positive characteristics.
Gabion net double torsion, merging with the landscape, becomes invisible to others. For filling, any stone (artificial or natural) can be used, the main thing is that its value exceeds the cell size. Used in the aquatic environment or under ground conditions, the ecological compatibility of the mesh is important.
This product assumes a minimum of maintenance waste, without affecting the quality
The main parameters of the grid can be determined by such characteristics as the diameter of the material and the size of the cells, which varies from 10 mm to 100 mm and is determined by the minimum distance diagonally between the twists.
Depending on the manufacturing technology, the mesh is galvanized and annealed. Also, the wire is manufactured with a galvanized or polymer coating.
Where and when is it applied?
- in the process of excavation and mining;
- when building highways;
- for landscaping;
- when building houses and cottages;
- The grid is ideal for creating gabions, it is used for fencing industrial sites, car parks and shopping pavilions;
- It is used for fencing sports grounds and reserves where large animals live;
- the material of double torsion serves as a protection against rock falls on steep slopes, with its help strengthen the banks, reinforce road surfaces (bridges);
- They are used in rocky areas, where there are collapses of large stones and their fixation is necessary;
- It is widely used in the construction of fences, which subsequently organically fit into the surrounding landscape and at the same time reliably protect buildings and the surrounding area from unnecessary attention.
- In addition, the grid can be used for the manufacture of various structures in factories or as a separate building material.
- Unlike the rabitsa, the double torsion net in the case of rupture does not spread in separate sections of the fabric.
- Gabion material in its structure is flexible, and it is convenient for transportation, as it can be rolled up into a roll. This feature allows you to use the grid in the landscape arrangement of sites.
- The material of double torsion is very strong, and if used together with a stone, the strength will increase several times, and as a result, the structures will be able to withstand any loads.
- Durability. The grid is sufficiently resistant to negative environmental influences. Over time, corrosion does not appear on it, as the raw material for production is galvanized wire. It will last several decades, especially if you follow the recommendations of specialists.
- The invisibility of the double torsion net is one of the important moments in the design of landscape design and this material has this quality.
- Has a permeable structure, and this suggests that it can be filled with different natural elements. In a few years, this structure overgrown with vegetation and merges with landscape design.
- Ecological compatibility. The material is environmentally friendly steel.
- To install the grid, you do not need to apply great physical effort, and its maintenance requires a minimum of costs. Thus, a double torsion net is also an economical material.
- Mounting from the grid as a result is obtained at 30% cheaper than reinforced concrete.
- To date, mesh-based materials are considered to be the best choice in terms of flexibility and durability in service.
Double-torsion net for gabions.
Installation of gabions.
The cost of gabions.